A chill, sit-down discussion session with one of India's foremost comedians about what he's reading and what kind of literature gives him a funnyboner. Yes, that's a word. It is now. Go with it.
Link to the Sidin article Ashish talks about: http://www.whatay.com/blog/2004/05/17/the-travails-of-single-south-indian-men-of-conser
The Books on Toast BoTCast is a weekly show where we discuss literature: the good, the bad, the timepass, the serious, the best, the worst and everything else in between. We have a new guest and topic in every episode, so be sure to check back every Wednesday to see waddup!
Episode 1: Books that Make You Go LOL
Guest: Ashish Shakya
Shot by: Sakshi Arya
Edited by: Sandeep Rajguru and Yohann Benson, Flarepath Solutions Pvt Ltd.
Sound Recording and Mixing: Nishant Agarwal, Culture Shoq Productions
Venue: Cuckoo Club, Bandra, Mumbai
Follow Books on Toast on:
Facebook/ Insta: @BooksonToast
1. The Jack Reacher Series by Lee Child (for good old action-packed fun)
2. Look Who's Back by Timur Vermes (Hitler wala satire)
3. Anything by P.G.Wodehouse
4. I Only Roast the Ones I Love: Busting Balls Without Burning Bridges by Jeffrey Ross
5. Anything by P.L. Deshpande (Marathi Humour)
6. Dave Barry Hits Below The Beltway: Dave Barry
7. Bossypants by Tina Fey
8. Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore