Session 4 -- Deviancy in Aqeedah & Session 5 -- Moving Forward: Applying the knowledge in our lives
An Introduction to 'Aqeedah - Session 1 of 4 - Tim Humble
Tawheed and Ittibaa - Absolute Monotheism & Following the Messenger - Session 2 of 4 - Tim Humble
Allah's Perfect Names and Attributes - Session 3 of 4 - Tim Humble
Deviancy in Aqeedah - Session 4 of 4 - Tim Humble
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THESE LAST 2 SESSIONS
For every belief that we have spoken about (and those that we haven't covered), there is a deviancy in belief which corresponds to it.
For example, for each of the six pillars of faith, there are deviations which correspond to each of the six pillars.
A History of Deviancy in Aqeedah
● The time of prophet hood -- almost no deviancy; primary concern is from the Jews.
● The time of the companions -- the appearance of the Qadariyyah, the Khawaarij, and the early Shī'ah.
- The hadith of Hudhayfah and 'Umar
- The death of 'Umar
- The plots of the munaafiqeen against 'Uthmaan
- The death of 'Uthmaan
- The split of the companions
- The death of 'Ali
● The time of the umayyids -- deviancy spreads, but is still in its infancy.
- The consensus about obeying the ruler, and the events which lead to it.
- Ja'd ibn Dirham and Jahm ibn Safwan -- the Jahmiyyah
- Waṣil ibn Aṭaa (131 AH) and 'Amr ibn 'Ubayd (d. 143 AH) and the beginning of the Mu'tazilah
● The time of the 'abbasids (132AH onwards) -- Greek philosophy is translated, and deviancy becomes wide spread, including the names and attributes of Allah.
Session 5 -- Moving Forward: Applying the knowledge in our lives
ABOUT THE SPEAKER -
Muhammad Tim Humble is from Newcastle England & graduated from the famous faculty of hadeeth and Islamic Studies at the Islamic University of Madinah in 2011. He accepted Islam at the age of 14 & is currently involved with a dawah organisation called IDC North East which is based in & around Newcastle.
RECORDED AT Muhammadi Masjid, Keighley U.K
For more information on regular lectures taking place in the in the north of England. uk. please go to -
http://www.dawahnorth.org/ Like DigitalMimbar on Facebook: http://www.fb.com/TheMimbar
Follow DigitalMimbar on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DigitalMimbar