HIGH-QUALITY VERSION NOW AT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3KIl9CTyDg
Yes, it's her. Please read this, because the same questions get asked over and over and the answers are all in here.
This promo video was done for only $500 with only two hours with her because she was getting on a plane that afternoon. It was meant for use only as a 30-second promotional clip for a Sony campaign (that's why nothing much happens in it), but I had the footage, so I extended it out to the length of the song.
The video was shot at the beginning of September, so it was actually not cold at all, but quite warm. The winter coat is a prop and I added the snow that starts about halfway through in post-production (though you can't see it as well on YouTube).
Everyone keeps asking the same questions over and over, so here are the answers to the common ones:
• Yes, it's really her.
• The video was shot in Toronto in September of 2006. The video was shot on this rooftop, if anyone is THAT interested: http://tinyurl.com/ysucc8
• Old Navy picked up this song and some of her others for their 2008 spring campaign.
• She was born Valerie Poxleitner, but she goes by "Lights."
• Yes, she's a blast to work with and a fantastic person and talented artist.
• Yes, I shot the video.
• Yes, her hair is long now.
• Yes, I realize that nothing much happens in the video.
• She's signed to Underground Operations in Canada (http://www.undergroundoperations.com/ )
• The dark clouds in the video are real.
• It's not the official video for this song. It's a promo video from when she was an unsigned artist that was meant to only be 30 seconds.